Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 1 EOC: What sacrifices are you willing to make for your Career?

     When I think about the sacrifices I would make for my career, it intrigues me and scares me.  What scares me the most (well as everybody else) is not finding a job.  I believe I can find work fast in Los Angeles, due to my Production experience.  I have bean working for Got Films, a Production Company here in Las Vegas for well over a year now.  I've worked on Productions such as: The Gambler (Gip) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3922033/, UFC Ultimate Fighter (Camera Operator, Grip), Pauly Shore's Vegas Is My Oyster on Showtime (PA), The Howard Stern Show (PA), MTV Real World (Grip & Utility), and various productions (Camera Operator, Gaffer, Grip, & Utility).  Going to L.A. is what intriques me and scares me.  It intriques me because that is what I want to do.  I want to be part of making movies.  I would like to help set up visual effects shots and then work on them in post.  What scares me is having to leave my family behind for weeks to months at a time.  We just recently bought a house here, my wife work is here, my kids school and friends are here, and my mom moved here from Ohio a year ago.  So, if I can't find work here in Vegas, I'll have to scarifice my family time for my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment